

Well we had a shock when we reached Calcutta, and it wasn't just the dramatic rise in temperature. The streets are empty. It's the Holi Festival.
This celebrates Krishna. It seems that Krishna was dark (blue) and his consort was fair. Krishna felt bad about this, so the festival involves throwing colored paint on fair people and people dressed in white so Krishna will not feel bad. Sometimes the color is washable; sometimes not. I was wearing white. I was not pleased. But I made it through the tour without incident and now I am wearing one of Jim's orange t shirts. I look very smart.
The first picture is of a street scene the day after the Holi Festival, when things were getting back to normal. The parade scene is a Holi parade. Some of our group received face paint.
The last picture is of an over-the-top Jain temple that we visited.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
You got paint thrown on you? Put up photos of that!
ReplyDelete